Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I have a toilet roll fetish............and this is what has happened......

If you had been to Bons Cybercrop last night you would know what I was talking about.....LOL.....

I happen to be working on a little project using Toilet Rolls... and suggested that the Design Team should use it on their Challenge........LOL  WELL!!!!! I think it freaked them out!!!! Here is what I did for the March Sketch Challenge...

 Can you see the Journal Tag? I covered a flattened toilet roll and covered with PP and tied ribbon around.

Perfect pocket for journal tags and other memorabillia....

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL............ 
I JUST LOVE THIS!!!!!

I sanded each flattened toilet roll, mixed some colours and painted the rolls. I stamped the back, cut pieces of PP and glued to the front for my stamped titles, and inked the edges.
I used Pritt to glue one edge shut and made journal tags to fit....

I then painted a 4 x 4in mini canvas the same colour as the toilet roll pockets, stamped and inked the edges and decorated with buttons. 12 fit in perfectly!!! Voila!!!! A CALENDAR!!! I am writing the family Birthdays on the Journal Tags.

I glued a piece of ribbon on the inside of the frame and cut a piece of PP to cover it...so it looks neat and tidy.

Here is another 'Frame Box' which I glued some gorgeous yarn around the top...... I feel more toilet roll pockets are going to be made VERY soon ....LOL........

I am certainly using more toilet rolls for future ideas ........ I'll BRB........just going to the LOO!!!!!!!

Thanks for Looking

Cheeers Bronnyk

10 comments:

Catie said...

OMGoshness, Bronny, these are absolutely AMAZING!!!!! How extremely creative of you!!! Fab work hon! LOVE it!!! Can you tell how much I love it?!?!?!
xoxo

Deb said...

WOW!!! Loving that calendar - who would have thought they were toilet rolls! They look amazing!!!

Bree said...

Uber cool Bronny, you are very clever :) and I just love the recycling!!!

Leonie said...

Amazing Bronny, love your calendar. Toilet rolls who'd have thought, well you did, didn't you clever lady, it's fab.

Mal said...

OMG bronny that is fantastic!!

well done!!

Sue said...

Totally creative idea Bronny - just love it!!! (I would NEVER have guessed!)
:-)

SANDIE MALLON said...

omg,.. your crazy...

but it looks awesome love the idea.. inspiring to get started on the dt challenge now.. rofl..

xx

kerry said...

Looks fab Bronny very clever.Take care Kerry xx

Marelize said...

That calender looks amazing and I love the idea of using toiletrolls for something useful! Can't wait to see what you will create next! :)

Melinda said...

WOWSER Bronny!! You are sooo creative!! Just goes to show you don't need to have expensive stuff hey, although the rate my boys go thru toilet paper its putting a dent in my bank balance!! haha!!
xo