Wednesday, March 23, 2011

R & R……….

DAY 1 – Sunday 20/3/ 2011 YAY!!!!………….. a MINI HOLIDAY!!!….. I really wanted to take my scrapping supplies as well, but I wasn’t allowed to….. if you know how much I like to take , you would understand… LOL I pretty much like to take EVERYTHING… (just in case I need it)……….so I brought a book to read instead!
We finally left at 10 mins past 10am today Sunday 20/3/2011, and it’s a gorgeous day for driving….. Stopped at Warrnambool to buy some shoes (I forgot my black dress shoes LOL,) so I had to BUY some new ones…..hahaha had lunch of fish & chips.
The weather is perfect, 25-27C so far, but expecting rain probably tomorrow evening…. oh well, I can read my book I guess!
After driving for ages we were both getting edgy and really wanting to get to Lorne…. we drove along the Great Ocean Road, and as some of you may not know, it is very scenic. Lots of cliffs and the road is on the edge and VERY VERY windy.
20032011224
We stopped at the Bay Of Martyrs on the way.
We arrived about 6pm, booked into our hotel and unpacked. OMG what a tiny room…… oh but we have a balcony overlooking the beach front…… hmmmmmmmmmm this is our view LOL At least we can HEAR the sea.
22032011268
The balcony in the middle LOL….
We have friendly white cockatoos who sit on the rail on our balcony too while we have  a drink.
23032011277 20032011232
Look at this poor cocky………. don’t know what happened to it…….. but they would come and visit morning and night…
I can’t believe how mild it is here, I was expecting it to be cold. Loving the weather!
We took a stroll down the street to check out where to eat and decided to have pizza for tea, sitting in a bar with huge open windows watching the traffic, very relaxing. Now having a couple of drinks and might go read my book.
20032011235
The open windows go right around, great overlooking the street and beach.
20032011236
Part of Lorne main street.
Day 2 – Monday 21/3/2011
AAAAGHHH!! Fred up at 6am….. I stayed in bed till 8am. We were hungry, so had foccacia for brekky in a cafe….VERY exy $25…. so we walked to Foodworks and bought a loaf of bread, butter, tomatoes and sliced meat…. and a couple of bowls and spoons (I brought cereal with us)…… I know, fancy taking food with you, but I’d rather spend my money on one really good meal in a restaurant each day.
We went to the Information Centre and got some maps to visit some waterfalls. We drove out of town 10kms to the Erskine Falls…. very tropical looking, reminds me of the Dandenongs in VIC.
210320112452103201124721032011251210320112522103201125321032011254
The Erskine Falls… very pretty and tropical… over 200 steps to get to the bottom!
Then to see Teddy’s Lookout…… here you have a good view of the windy road and cliffs leading into Lorne.
210320112552103201125621032011257
The weather has been very kind to us so far, but I have heard that there was a thunder storm at home last night, so wouldn’t be surprised if we get rain here in the next 24hrs.
Still might get a nap in yet today, then the walk to the pier, then shower and dinner…… after that read my book!!!
5.00pm….. Oh dear…… we both ended up having a nanna nap till 5pm!!!! We decided to go for a walk to the new pier before we shower and go to dinner tonight.
2103201126221032011263
We didn’t go far for dinner, just here at the Hotel they have a really nice outdoor bar area where you can sit and watch the traffic and overlook the town and way out to sea!!! It has a great atmosphere. Great meals too. After dinner we walked to the video shop and hired a video, watched that and I crashed….. must be the sea air??? LOL
DAY 3 – Tuesday 22/3/2011
I slept like log apart from waking up because I was hot, so I opened the balcony door…. lol the air-con doesn’t work!!! Slept probably till 8am, and showered. I couldn’t eat breakfast, I was still full from dinner last night. Fred had toast.
We walked down the street to drop in the video, and walked right to the end of the street to check out where to have dinner tonight. We stopped at a bakery for lunch, Fred had pie & pasty & I had a chicken & avocado focaccia for lunch. Back to the Hotel Fred had a flutter on the pokies and ended $35 up YAY! We went to visit a Gallery 2kms out of town, amongst some beautiful forest, but when we drove in the lovely garden it was closed!!!!! We saw a gorgeous lily pond, and some awesome sculptures outside, unfortunately it won’t be open until Thursday & we are leaving tomorrow. This afternoon we are on our computers, Fred on Evony and I’m catching up on my Blog ……. another nap perhaps too???? gotta love holidays Smile
It’s almost 9.30pm. We didn’t have a nap, I spent the afternoon creating a catalogue for my Krazee Kaps, Scrub & Catering hats. Pleased with it too. We had toasted sandwiches for dinner tonight, something light for a change. I saw some clever advertising today, a play on the town name of Lorne…… LORNEDROMAT….LOL and in a restaurant for the menu it had SPESHELLS…(because Lorne is a coastal town) very clever I thought! Too Funny!!!!
Took a couple of photos of the street…. and it has started to drizzle a bit.
2203201126422032011265
Upstairs Bar area of the Lorne Hotel
22032011269
Front of The Lorne Hotel looking down the street….. love all the Cafes!!!
22032011271
A gorgeous corner, can’t see properly, but really quaint, with cafe, and pizza shop.
22032011272
Across the road is a caravan park right on the edge of a River
22032011273
Not a good photo, it was really misty rain. Looking up towards the top end of Lorne main street. Out Hotel is right up the end of the street .
I had a great surprise when I checked in to Chat With Charm and went to see who won Nic Pomeroy’s give away on her blog…… it was ME!!!! I was stoked, especially when I really wanted to scrap while on holiday….. when I get home, I’m going to MAKE TIME in my busy schedule of work, work, and more work to get back into scrapping again!! We have taken quite a few photos over the last few days and I am wanting to do a mini album…..
We are leaving about 10am in the morning, and I’m not looking forward to going back to work Sad smile…..

DAY 4 – Wednesday 23/3/2011
Well we had some really fine mist, tiny bit of rain overnight, but not much to dampen the spirits, apart from having to go home to the daily grind again…blah!!!! I have to start work at 5am Thursday morning..EEEKKKKK!!!!
We left about 9am, stopped at Appolo Bay for a sausage roll and a Latte. We had a tiny bit of rain till The 12 Apostles, where we stopped to take photos.
230320112782303201127923032011281
The 12 Apostles (well not anymore)… Great Ocean Road
We we had a couple of heavy showers after Port Campbell and some threatening dark clouds, but the rest was fine.
I read a couple chapters of my book on the way and also fell asleep…. we stopped at Nelson for a break and only 30kms to go….. So a good trip home….. Unpacked everything ASAP, then onto our computers to upload the photos hehehe….
Technorati Tags:

No comments: