Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I had a messy desk……

so I decided to use as much as I could to complete the outside cover of one of my journals……. first I glued a piece of calico to cover the back and front of the journal, and glued the first and last pages on top of the raw edges inside to neaten…

06072011526

I used a canvas sheet (to glue on the front) and scraped some colours on the canvas with an old credit card and used paper towelling to blot dry. I Mod Podged a  piece of table napkin with a  nice picture onto the canvas, then sewed some strips of towelling paper and sewed zig zag and straight stitching around the edge of the canvas.

06072011527

I glued a heart from patterned paper I had previously stitched with black embroidery thread (inspired by Christy Thomlinson Workshop) and ran the glue gun around the edge of the heart.

06072011529

and glued some pictures I had printed I liked from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, music paper scraps and some stamping.

06072011528

When I finished the canvas, I glued it to the front cover of my journal….. Love the end result!

Guess what?……. my desk is STILL MESSY!!!!

1 comment:

Charmane said...

this looks cool Mum! I can't believe I missed this post!!! xoxo Charmane