Sunday, July 3, 2011

WT?…….hahaha have to laugh at myself…

I MUST have been tired when I posted my last blog….. I was referring to GREAT ARTISTS and named one as Raold Dahl…hahaha.. I meant SALVADOR DAHLI…oops my bad…. anyway I thought I would just share what I have been up to the last week.

Last weekend the 26th, 27th June my Mum, sister and niece came to visit us…. it has been a loooooong time since the last time we ALL got together and it was great. We did the touristy thing and went to see the famous Blue Lake, the Valley Lakes and Umpherston Cave.

25062011493

Gayle and Tayla in front of the Blue Lake

SA400030

Gayle, Mum and me in front of the Blue Lake

We had a family get together on Saturday night, with lots of food and drinks…. except one thing spoiled it……. our power would go off!!! Poor kids would be watching a movie and then “blip” everything except the lights went out….. it was frustrating when we were on Skype to Sri Lanka and the power would cut out GRRRRRR…… not sure, but I think it was our dishwasher causing the problem (I haven’t used it since, and we’ve had no problems????? go figure), everyone left by 9.30pm…. Sad smile (good one to remember when you want to get rid of someone hahaha)….

SAM_0059

Family get together Saturday night.

Sunday we went to my daughters’ after lunch and spent the whole day and evening there. So much fun, very happy and lots of music and dancing around with the kids….loved every minute of it!!!!

26062011510

Me and my Mum (Sad smile bit blurry this photo)

SA400042

Harmony and Tayla dancing

SAM_0145

Tayla and me

and I couldn’t resist this one of Ryarne…. cutie patootie!!! eating one of Kelly’s yummy cupcakes LOL….

SAM_0157

Of course all good things must come to an end, and on Monday Mum, Gayle and Tayla went back home to Adelaide and Gawler.

I also had my birthday during the week, pretty much another day, but I did get pressies, hugs and Birthday wishes.

Work has been pretty full on, so I haven’t been able to get messy with my ART JOURNALING, apart from a bit of doodling and gesso some more pages. I have been watching some videos of some free workshops at Strathmore Visual Journal Online Workshops. These would be great for beginners in Art Journaling.

I have a bit of time up my sleeve before I head off to bed, so I’m going to have a play around with one of my journals…. hehehe I don’t feel my day is complete without doing SOMETHING in one of my journals!

Thanks for visiting…XXXXX

No comments: