Monday, August 1, 2011

What a FANTABULOUS WEEKEND ….

weatherwise….. and I finished a ‘just because’ I felt like it Art Journal page….. well a double page…..I like how it turned out.

It started out with background of masking tape I had stuck down ages ago, then added acrylic for background, then a collage picture from a magazine… I added wings from music paper…

29072011594

Sorry the photo is a bit blurry.. I think I was in a hurry to start LOL…

I painted over the picture with acrylic

29072011595

and used a graphite pencil and soft pastels for shading (still trying to get the hang of the light source)…. then stamps, and Kindyglitz for wings and hair… I also used a brayer and a little watered down gesso and ran the brayer over the whole spread to give it a softer look.

30072011600

and then the title…… Will you please be my Guardian Angel?… (notice I spelt it wrong? Sad smile)

30072011599

30072011601

She looks like she’s not too sure about being my Guardian Angel….. I think I might be too hard to look after (I like to do things MY WAY..lol)

01082011604

I am super excited about starting Carla Sonheim’s

Dog Days Of Summer Online Art Camp: Session 1 -  Imaginary Creatures Workshop.

image

This should be FUN, FUN, FUN….

**********

Oh yes, just wanted to share with you, a beautiful, talented friend has recently opened her own Mixed Media Art Store… go check her stunning Mixed Media Art here GiSt  Creative on Facebook or visit her GiSt Creative Made It Store.

 

I just sooooo love her work. XXXXX

 

 

2 comments:

Giovanna Scott said...

ooooh thanks bronny
my online class has just been announced too at
www.giovannascott.com

love you AJ page (as per usual)
woot woot!!!

Tessa said...

Ooooh wow.... I love your art journalling!! This page looks fabolous!

xx Tessa (the Netherlands)